Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fun Stuff - and CRAZY BUSY!

I booked a flight to DC the other night. My best friend is getting married in Virginia and I didn't think I was going to be able to go. Between the financial issues and the fact that I didn't know what my class schedule would be, it just didn't seem feasible. Then I got my first paycheck and the financial thing wasn't going to be an issue. I started thinking over what I needed to do to succeed in class and I decided that I could study on a plane and get some work in between things while in Virginia so... I'm going after all! I'm not eating for the next week though... I tried on my dress last night and it fits but uh... yeah so anyway, do you have any tips on how to lose ten pounds in a week and a half?!

It's my "weekend" now. I have a ton of studying to do from now through Saturday. I have a test on Sunday. Yes I'm working on Easter - it comes with the territory! Then we have a tour of half the county on Tuesday, a test on Wednesday and then we'll tour the rest of the county. I leave Wednesday night from LAX on the red eye. I'll land (in theory) around 6:30 a.m. East Coast time. We'll do pre-wedding girly stuff for a few days. The wedding is at 1:30 on Saturday. I have to be at the airport by 4 for my return flight. My flight should arrive back at LAX by a little before 9 p.m. on Saturday night. Then I have a test on the geography of the County on Sunday the 19th. We are supposed to be answering live calls from the training center on Monday, Tuesday we take finals (written and practical) and Wednesday (two weeks from yesterday) is the last day of PSAP class.

It's not over yet... I have to pass PSAP hands on training within 6 weeks. If the schedule stays the same I'll work PSAP until July, then go back for a month long Radio academy. After passing the Radio academy, I have to pass the hands on Radio training and hands on Back Up training. I think after that there is one more classroom training session and I'll be through training. I'll breathe again in 2010.

No comments: