Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Progress on the Dispatch Front

I ace'd my first test. It was on the 10 and 11 codes as well as the phonetic alphabet and military time. Yeah me! Don't ask me about a 10 or 11 code today though as I am up to my eyeballs in call types. The second test of the academy is tomorrow. I think I know this stuff but there is so much! I'm constantly second guessing if I really know it forwards and backwards - and inside out, upside down... you know! Anyway, it's going well. We practiced sending calls today. Just easy alarm calls but still I'm learning the CAD system. It's so much fun!!! We've listened to a few calls. Some of them were just downright funny, others were pretty disturbing. Literally everything from a first grader tattling on their dad for punishing them because they didn't know their times tables (do people really ground kids for that stuff?!?!) to a suicide.

I'm tired. I have to get the kids to bed. I haven't eaten dinner yet. Oh, and I still have to study!

1 comment:

Anthony & Lauren said...

Congrats my sister! I'm so very proud of you! You can do this! You will be a STAR in this and you have a great future ahead of you my friend! I'm so excited for you! :)

Miss and love you lots!!!!
Renner