Thursday, March 19, 2009

Oh what a day!!!

Today was a big day. It was insanely boring, but in the end it was good! I went to court for the custody hearing. It was such a waste of time. I was there from 8:30 till 3:00! I was a half hour late - oops!!! I got the times mixed up - I was supposed to be there at 8 - luckily the judge didn't find out! The judge ordered exactly what the mediator recommended. I retain sole physical and legal custody. Drew gets 2 hours supervised (which he has to pay for) every Saturday. Seems to me it would have been better to just cancel the whole thing. He went in asking to increase the order to a 50/50 split plus joint legal and physical. He came out with less than he had to begin with. I'm still the bad guy in the whole thing too. Never mind that the judge and mediator agreed with me. He had every opportunity to present his position and obviously it wasn't convincing. In addition he was ordered to parenting and anger management classes. The only thing that could be considered a loss for me was the change in child support. The order went from 1700 a month to 769 a month. You know how much that matters? Well I'll tell you... NOT AT ALL! Seeing as I haven't seen a penny of support since January, in spite of the fact that he is apparently working, and I haven't received the full support amount owed in over a year - that's not going to change my life any.

The biggest loss of my day was missing almost a full day of academy training! UGH!

Oh, and on the criminal charges front, there are a few dates coming up but it is by no means over. Anyway, these are the crazy days of my life!

1 comment:

Whittaker Woman said...

I just wanted to say thanks for the comment today! I appreciated it! H