Friday, March 6, 2009

And the verdict is...

Well ok, let's not get ahead of ourselves now here! Mediation was today. It couldn't have gone better for the kids - and as a result, for my position. I mean really, it must have been painful to be him today. Like really, REALLY painful. On the upside he admitted that all of the facts surrounding my concerns were true, though it seemed painfully obvious that he couldn't understand why any of it was a problem. In any event the mediator said her recommendation would be for supervised visits. Now the irony is; not only does that mean he most likely won't get a single thing he asked for, but he'll probably end up with an even less favorable situation than we started with - at least in terms of his own personal wishes. The best news of all is that in the end the kids win. They win safe visits. That is a huge victory. Now, I just hope we don't end up with some rogue judge who thinks the mediators recommendations are worthless or something.

Tomorrow is my last day at the law firm. I have a week off before I start dispatch training. I will be off work but I'll be studying my behind off so it's not like a vacation! I'm so excited for this new chapter! Oh, and my cousin who works at the firm told me she was bringing in Donut Man for me tomorrow! (er uh... I guess really today since it's past midnight... but whatever) I'm so excited that I'm not going to be able to sleep!!! If you don't know what Donut Man is you are missing out on the BEST donuts in the history of donuts. Seriously!

No comments: