Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Q's

http://whittakerwoman.typepad.com/whittaker_woman/ Did this on her blog and, though I'm a little slow to get around to it, I figured I'd go ahead and do it too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Honestly it just kind of depends on the year, and my mood. I've been known to wrap all my gifts in brown craft paper (off of a GIANT roll that I ordered from Uline a million years ago) and spruce it up with fun ribbon. Then everyone told me I was boring so I stopped... I really liked that brown paper, maybe I should break it out again this year!

2. Real tree or Artificial? I've been rockin the fake tree for a LONG time and I'm over it. We have a real tree at the office and now I'm 100% convinced I need a real one next year!

3. When do you put up the tree? Typically the day after Thanksgiving - but sometimes a bit later.

4. When do you take the tree down? Early January... not really a specific time.

5. Do you like eggnog? Not so much - it has the consistency of snot, only sweet... YUCK!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year the only thing I wanted was a purple radio. I was absolutely sure I wouldn't get it because we didn't have much money. When I opened that radio (that I think my parents got some crazy deal on) I couldn't believe it. The tape player started eating tapes years later but my dad actually uses it to this day to listen to talk radio while he works. It always makes me smile to see my purple radio sitting in the middle of a construction zone with my dad still getting use out of it!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Ella. If it's girly girly girly she'll LOVE it!

9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes, my brother bought it for me a long time ago and I love it!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I'm a loser in this department. I used to buy Christmas cards and never mailed them. Now I save the money knowing they'll never get sent anyway!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? One year my grandma gave me blue eye shadow and a lip gloss when the rest of the grand kids, except for my brother, got Levi jeans and shirts and sleeping bags and, and, and, and.... it was really ridiculous! Buy evenly, or at least do a good job of making it LOOK even - especially for kids!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? We used to watch Christmas Vacation every year on Thanksgiving - it was a tradition... well that and Grumpy Old Men... but this year I think it might be Elf.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually try to get it done before Thanksgiving but this year that didn't even come close to happening! I don't have a start date... just before the rush starts for sure!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Absolutely. One mans junk is another mans treasure.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's (passed down from my dad's grandma) orange rolls - yummy!!!

16. Lights on the tree? I always do white but I think I'm going to change it up next year!

17. Favorite Christmas song? I LOVE Baby it's Cold Outside!!! (one reason I love the movie Elf)

18. Travel for Christmas or stay home? A little of both.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? not so much

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I have a star. It's my favorite ornament!

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hello, Santa delivers them Christmas night so Christmas morning is when you open them! <---- Heather's answer is exactly right! Oh, and If we're at my grandma Ashley's house the answer is "not until it's dark?"

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Cranky spazzoid shoppers!

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I always do gold, crystal and red.. with white lights. BUT... I'm loving the colors this year so I may switch it up... oh and at work the gifts were wrapped in lime green and bright pink which was pretty cool!

24. Favorite Christmas dinner? I can't pick one answer here - I love the traditional meal at the Ashley Christmas, but we've done tamales at my house which I always love, oh and then there was the time we did fondue which was super fun!!!

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I don't really have wants.... I'm content :-)

No comments: