Saturday, October 11, 2008

"When are you gonna stop using my last name lady?!"

That was the "important" discussion to be had this morning when the kids were buckled in the car ready to go with their dad to a parade this morning. So I said "what are you talking about?" He replies "well all of your stuff still has Gonzales on it and you still use the bunchagonzos email address and your name isn't even Gonzales anymore, we're divorced you know." To which I answered "actually, my last name is Gonzales." He then tells me "no it's not, it's Ashley, we're divorced." He says divorced nice and slow for emphasis, like I didn't understand it the first time. I tell him "no, it's not. I didn't change my last name back because I have four kids who have the last name Gonzales and I didn't want to make things complicated by having a different one." He's obviously annoyed now and implies that I can't do that. Wow, the logic and intelligence astounds me! So as I'm walking away, already shaking my head in a combination of amusement and disbelief, he says "so, when ARE you gonna change it?" I say, "I'm sure I'll change it when I get married again eventually." As I walk back to the house it takes all the strength I can muster not to laugh out loud! Talk about entertainment.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

All I have to say to this is, " he is nutzos!!! I sit here at my desk just shaking my head in aww of his stupidity! God please bless him!