Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Public Service Announcement

Out of my love and concern for your taste buds I found it necessary to warn you:

There is a "candy," disguising itself in a Hershey Kiss wrapper, that is unworthy to be consumed by any human - much less be considered candy! Now, I don't know exactly what it is called but it's some kind of holiday bull crap with spices. I think it must be white "chocolate" (anything white calling itself chocolate is NOT chocolate - but that's a whole 'nother blog) colored about the shade of pumpkin pie and flavored with the spice mix meant to go in pumpkin pie. It is horrible. I mean truly awful - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!

My boss - who I'm convinced at this point must be trying to make me vomit in the stairwell for sport (I'm wondering if Adam put her up to it?) - put a bowl of these by the sign in/out sheet on the third floor. I grabbed one on the way out and popped it in my mouth before heading down the stairs. I realized as soon as it's foul meltiness hit my taste buds that it was a mistake, but there was no remedy. I am stuck running down three flights of stairs with this horrendous excuse for a candy in my mouth. I ran out the door at the bottom floor, knowing that my rescue was near. I reached for the trashcan by the desk of our door man and SPAT that nasty thing out!

I think I may never live it down with the two coworkers who witnessed the event but I have learned my lesson. Never trust a Hershey's Kiss - they are no longer an innocent sweetness in a cute silver wrapper - they are trickery, madness, pure unadulterated BLECH!

Consider yourself warned!

2 comments:

heather said...

I think those are the ones that Matt found at Target last night. They are supposed to be candy corns in a kiss wrapper. Sounded nasty. I wouldn't let him buy them.

Elissa said...

Actually, my boss had me try one of those too. They were really gross, don't get me wrong, but not even remotely close to the same level of nasty that was this spice variety!