Sunday, October 19, 2008

Boring details of life

Yesterday I got up early - for a Saturday - and got the kids ready to go. Brian met us here and we all went down to the property. Oh, and we took Macy the wonder dog with us. Brian helped my dad carry hundred pound planks and put them up on the top of the structure to form the ceiling of the house. The progress is amazing! The kids and I picked up pieces of wood that littered the perimeter of the entire job site. The cut off pieces from all the walls formed an outline around the house. I worked on one section of that, then I went in and started sweeping up the interior. The kids kept working until they had cleaned up pretty much every piece of wood! It was amazing, and exhausting! We stopped for lunch and all eight of us squeezed into the little trailer. That was kind of interesting and a bit cozy! We quit working around two thirty and headed home. We got home, showered, and turned right back around and went to church. It was a LONG day, but a lot of fun! It was the first time I've felt like I actually contributed something to the project. I had my camera but, as usual, I forgot to take any pictures!

Today I decided I was sleeping in! The kids didn't go to their dad's so I didn't have to get them ready early. I woke up around nine thirty. I don't remember the last time I slept that late! I did finally go through a bag of junk that Drew gave me about a week ago. He said there were clothes for the kids in the bag. Most of it was too small, or too stained to actually use. I now have a giant bag of trash in my living room but at least I can check sorting through all that junk off my list! Now I have a week worth of laundry to do and last weeks laundry still needs to be folded... ugh... it never ends! I did enlist the help of the kids to get the dishes done. Obviously, I still have tons to do but I'm taking a break now, it's nap time!

No comments: