Friday, August 1, 2008

I'm EXHAUSTED!

My night owl tendencies do not mix well with a 6:15 a.m. wake up call. I've even been going to bed "early." Well, at least earlier. I haven't made it to midnight all week. To be honest though I really need about two more hours a night than I'm getting. I'm trying to get to bed early, I really am, but it's tough to switch from working till 11:30 p.m. one week to working at the crack of dawn the next. I'm sure it'll all even out soon enough.
Then there is the matter of my kids. They are beyond tired but they miss me. They refuse to go to sleep. They've been in bed for a good hour and a half and the younger two are tired to the point of uncontrollable crying and yet... they are awake.
I'm not a nice mommy tonight. I want a quiet house. I want to go to sleep. I haven't gotten anything done that I want and need to get done. In all likelihood I'll probably fall asleep while on the phone trying to have a conversation with Brian once the kids crash.
Oh, that and the dog won't stop barking!
On a positive note... I LOVE my new job. I enjoy the people and I'm really looking forward to learning everything that they need me to know. There have been several comments about how happy they are to have me. Specifically it has been mentioned that people have made a point of telling my boss know what a good job I'm doing. To tell you the truth that feels really nice!
Once I get this internal clock thing worked out, and the kids are acclimated to this new life, it will all be a lot smoother!

No comments: