Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What is it with earthquakes?

I think they know when I start a new job. There was an earthquake on my first day of work in an office when I got my first "real" job. Yesterday there was an earthquake on my second day of my first "real" job in 7 years. I think I'm never going to start a new job again or I'll have to skip the third day of work just to be safe! Actually what I think might be even more odd than the fact that there's the connection to starting a new job (I mean geez I knew this was earth shattering news but come on!!!) is the fact that I had just talked about earthquakes with Brian the night before. I asked him if he had ever been on the phone with someone who was about 20 minutes away during an earthquake. He hadn't but I have - and it's interesting. If you hear someone else go through it and know it's coming it sort of takes the edge off of it. At least it does for me. I wasn't on the phone when it happened but it just struck me as odd that probably 12 hours later we had one.
Anyway - I'm off to work... no aftershocks today please! I'm on the second floor - talk about feeling the earth move.

1 comment:

Wobbly Librarian said...

Yay! Sounds like a fun day at the office! And you've already seen more possibilities- schooling, too? People who think in terms of positive things are fun to be around. Good job.