Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fun Stuff...

The kids went to their dad's last night because he hadn't really seen them much over the weekend. He had some time off work and asked if he could take them last night. So they went. I got a call around 8:45 from Ella buzzing with excitement. They had gone to their dad's church for VBS. (I'm guessing that means some churches do VBS in the evening?) She had so much fun. She was begging to go back again, and could they please stay at dad's an extra night. She asks me what I'm doing. I tell her I went to church. She asks about ten times who I'm with and if I'm ok because she's worried that I'm lonely. I tell her I'm fine, and with friends (never mind that little 's' on the end because at that precise moment I was just with Brian - but we'd been with friends at church) and she starts asking who, what, when, why, where, etc. I think she's missed the "you're the kid memo" so I tell her that I'm ok, I'm having fun and she doesn't need to worry about me. All the while skillfully avoiding answering the "WHO" question. Then she puts her dad on the phone. He says he's off work on Thursday and asks if the kids can stay. I can't really think of a reason to say no so I say ok.
So as it turns out I am on my own today. I have to exchange a bathing suit that I bought for Abby that was too small. Then I think I'm going to steal Brian and go for a hike. I'm going to try to remember to bring my actual camera - as opposed to being stuck with my crappy camera phone. If I remember, and if I get any decent pictures I'll post them.

No comments: