Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Beach day...

We do it once a year whether we need it or not. Actually our friends have a birthday party for their daughter at the beach every year. We always go and it is usually the only beach trip we make in a year. I hate sand and I don't like cold salty water. Then there's the overprotective mom side of me... and in my mind the ocean plus four kids is a frightening combination. I always enjoy this trip though. Good food and good friends makes for a great day. Up until last year our arrival at the beach was accompanied by the "we're not staying very long" speech because the former hated going... well... pretty much anywhere. Last year I went as a single mom for the first time but I left the little one with my parents because the idea of me on my own watching four kids was too much. This year I couldn't really count on having my parents watch Sophia - plus I knew she was old enough to really enjoy the time with her friends so I decided we would all go. Then I started thinking that it would be nice to have an extra set of eyes. So I asked Brian to come.
It was cool because he got to meet a bunch of my friends. It was nice too that I didn't have to worry quite so much about the fact that I couldn't be at the fire pit and on the water at the same time.
We all had a blast! It was 9:30p.m. before we left the beach, bundled in sandy towels and carrying a sleeping Sophia. It was tons of fun!

No comments: