Friday, May 30, 2008

I'd been thinking for a while about...

having the girls donate their hair to Locks of Love. I had mentioned it to the girls and they were kind of hesitant I think because they didn't really have any concept of what would look like for them to do it. Then Whittaker Woman http://whittakerwoman.typepad.com/whittaker_woman/ posted pics on her blog of her girls "before" and "after" they donated their hair to Locks of Love. Well since Whittaker Woman's girls are in her hubby's "Throwin Rocks at ya Boo Daddy" videos my girls think they are celebrities. That, combined with the fact that their "after" hair do's are SO cute, convinced my girls that they really wanted to give their hair away. So I made the appointment. I mentioned it to their dad and he gave me what I thought was mock resistance to the idea but since we'd cut their hair short before I didn't think he was serious.
Today was the day. We got their hair done and they were beaming! Both of the girls love their new hair. Then after Ella's was done she says "Dad's gonna yell at me! He's gonna be SOOOO mad!" Well I texted him a picture and said that the girls really liked their new hair but that Ella was afraid he was going to yell at her so to be nice about it. Well he responded that we needed to "talk" about my "decision to cut their hair!" UGH! Are you kidding me? We have to disagree about something THAT petty? Especially when it was a sweet and giving gesture for the girls to donate their hair!
Oh, and Isaiah got his hair done too - for good measure, though he didn't donate any of his!




5 comments:

something common said...

Hey, I know you don't know me from jack, but what connected me to your blog was your post about paying for your ex's trip to las vegas. I don't know how long you've been challenged with being a Christian single mom sharing parenting responsibilities with an ex, but I've been doing it for seven years now. The first three years were like armagedon, the next two were apocalyptic and the last two years have been like rebuilding ground zero. I don't know if me sharing this with you helps you in any way, but I've found that the harder I lean in to Christ the easier it gets with life. It's no where near perfect though. I still end up crying on the floor some nights out of pure frustration. I think I've rationalized that I will always try to control situations that are outside of my control, and that is what God is for. :D

Elissa said...

It's been just over a year. The truth is we don't go to "war" much because I don't usually engage the issues with him. This blog is my therapy so the worst of my venom shows up here. I just focus on what is best for my kids and stand firm in that with him. I make sure only to fight the really important stuff... but I could never have that resolve or peace without my relationship with Christ!

Christina Ellis said...

Oh my goodness, they all look so adorable! I wish I could be that cute again! :]

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

From a completely unbiased 3rd party, your girls look adorable.

Sarah said...

They look gorgeous. I'm waiting to grow mine out to do the same thing! Awesome!