Monday, April 14, 2008

It's a theme...

Yesterday I went to church with Brian. The sermon title was "He'll Show His Glory If You Tell Your Story." It was a new take on a sermon I've heard a few times before at least. For those of you who attend The Grove you know that telling your story is important. Hearing the same general message come from the pulpit of another church was awesome for me. I just love when what I know is reinforced by more than one source.

I got my butt kicked in church. I know my GOD is bigger than my circumstances. So why have I allowed fear to take hold? I have let the idea of things become bigger than the reality of things. I've found myself worried about what COULD happen. I can't control the future. I can't change the past. I can only deal with what is present. I am reminded that nothing can happen that HE doesn't know is coming, that HE hasn't prepared me for, and that HE can't prevent if HE wills to.

I wrote my story a few years ago because I was prompted by GOD to do it. I resisted but finally obeyed. At the time it seemed silly to write out some kind of autobiography when I was so young. As it turned out God used it as a tool to show me where His hand had been at work in times when I couldn't see it. I also had assurance about things that I would soon need. I thought I knew then end of my story, not the details but at least the big picture. Well, life threw me for a loop. I find myself waiting for God to reveal the rest of my story, but I have an assurance that HE will provide. I can see where He has in the past and so I know He will in the future. He promises to restore what the locusts have eaten. I am so excited for the day when I can add to the end of my story the details of how He accomplishes that.

No comments: