Wednesday, April 2, 2008

After the park...

The kids and I went out to Temple City to visit my grandpa. He lives alone since my grandma's Alzheimer's got to the point where she needed to be in a home about a year and a half ago. We spent an hour or so with him and then went to visit grandma in the home. Visiting grandma is hard when I have other adults with me... but it's even harder by myself with four kids. God must have known I needed some comic relief because when we walked in to see grandma she was sitting alone in the recreation room thumbing a magazine. She didn't even have it open because she didn't really know what to do with it but I had to take a picture it struck me so funny. My grandma, who doesn't remember me or almost anyone else except on a good day my grandpa, was holding a Readers Digest magazine... and this was on the cover:

No comments: