Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Job Update

I finally got through to the Sheriff's department and figured out why I still hadn't heard back from them about the next step in the process. It seems they changed the way they work the background process. They used to send out background packets. I should have had one mailed to me but for some reason never got it. Now they have orientation meetings for backgrounds and you get your background packet at the meeting. So I am scheduled to go to the orientation meeting on Monday the 17th. I will get the packet then and have 2 weeks to complete it and return it. They will then process it within about 4 to 6 weeks and if I pass backgrounds the investigator will contact me. So I'm thinking by mid May I should know if I've passed backgrounds with them. Then I'll have the interview process to go through still. I'm so excited to finally be back in the swing of things.
In the meantime at the Diner... they are "supposed" to be promoting me to server. I'll believe it when I see it. They have now hired or promoted 3 males to the expo line over those of us female cashier/hosts who were in line for it, and all the female new hires are working right along side me even though some of them have expo or even server experience! That really irks me! The funniest thing is that in order to promote me to server they are now telling me (after already saying it was a done deal) that I have to pass a "menu test." The stupid thing is that NO other server has had to pass a menu test... I'm so irritated with the whole thing. Oh well, I'm gonna study like it's school for me and try to get my butt promoted to server. I need the tips y'all!

No comments: