Monday, February 25, 2008

Work didn't suck tonight...

Because for the first time ever I got to actually wait tables. Now I've expo'd and I've helped out before but this was the first time I had tables from drink order to bill. They needed someone to take stations while the servers assigned to them took their breaks. I got nominated. I was great... and I had tons of fun! I only made a couple of small mistakes and those were mostly not things the customers noticed just things the restaurant expects that I didn't know about. I waited on 5 tables in total - though to be fair one was my family because today is Sophia's 3rd birthday. I only got tips from 3 of the tables because I was technically breaking other servers and one of them kept "his" tips... but whatever. I made $17 off of 3 tables and it was EASY! Not to mention fun! I really need to be serving full time! So the manager said she was going to recommend that I get promoted... have I heard that before... a few times?! I'm hoping this time it's for real. If not though I'm ready to go apply at other restaurants. Here's hoping I can start serving consistently in the next month or so if not at this restaurant perhaps another one!

1 comment:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

I onced worked for Wells Fargo bank, making more than I ever could in a restaurant, but I dreamed of being a waiter. It sounded like a natural for me - food, people... So anyway, I friend tips me off that TGIF is hiring. I show up in my best bank suit and suspenders, all shined up and professional for my TGIF interview and they are like, "Uh, no." I was crushed. =)