Thursday, February 28, 2008

Am I expecting too much?

If I think that it is common decency that I be informed as to the time the ex plans to pick up the kids on Thursday mornings? Is it too much to ask that he let me know if he's going to bring them back late?

To me it seems like general courtesy to set a schedule and be prompt. I guess I'm just unreasonable though. I sent a message and called to see if I could find out if he was coming early (before 9 a.m.) because he often does. I needed to take a shower though and was waiting around on him. He didn't respond. So I told the kids that if he came while I was in the shower to let me know and I'd be there as soon as I could but not to leave till I was out. It seemed like a safety issue to me... I don't think I should get out of the shower and not be absolutely certain about where the kids are.

Then there's the fact that they are supposed to be home at noon. When they still weren't back at 12:35 p.m. I called and asked what was up. He tells me they are eating and will be back soon... and hangs up on me. Isn't he lovely?!

So they finally show up at almost 1 p.m. and when I send the kids inside I tell him that I would appreciate it if he could communicate with me about when he would be picking up and dropping off the kids so that I can plan my life accordingly. So he tells me "the world doesn't revolve around you Elissa, and nothing in the court papers says 9-noon so I don't have to do anything." Um, yeah dumbass... nothing in the court papers gives you anything at all remember?! (don't worry, that part was my own internal dialogue - I didn't say it out loud!) Anyway, the reality is he has no custody or visitation. He doesn't have any court ordered right to anything so I would think he would try to be cooperative! But then there I go trying to use logic where none exists... and as I well know, that never works!

Oh, and by the way he didn't bring me a check for the support he is supposed to pay... something about having lost the checkbook again...amazing!

3 comments:

TheEpicBeat said...

So maybe this will cheer you up, or maybe it'll make you retch all over your keyboard, but I have to tell someone, and it will affect you more than anyone. You are free to stop reading at anytime...

So today, I am at Kmart on the way to Jess' mom's new pad on an errand to get picture hooks. While there, the urge to visit the restroom comes upon me. The urge is associated with a number higher than one...still with me? So I finally get to the bathroom which is on the other side of the store and it has one stall. The toilet in question is filled with the last visitors deposits (some of which are splashed up onto the seat) and next to the toilet...no-freaking-joke was a fresh pile of orange vomit. (Seriously you might want to stop here) I am horrified, and of course am putting my gagger to good use (which is what made me think of ya) and trying to figure out what to do. I really have to go by this point. So I wipe off the giftings by Mr-Upchuck-poopy-sploosh with a wet paper towel and quickly layout the booty-gasket (which I confess to not normally using but dude, this was nasty) I finally settle in and all I am thinking is "don't look at the puke, don't look at the puke." In walks someone else. Apparently the stall door is faulty. He tries the door. I get about halfway to the door before it opens and Cesar Chavez gets a peek at the McGoods. He also has time to glance at the orange steaming frothiness that is to my right on the floor. He bolts. I am sure that right now Mr. Chavez is somewhere recounting a story about a guy who puked in the bathroom and that he walked in on him just after he hurled.

So there you go, that was my day. I hope that you got through this.

You seemed like the best person to share this with.

Elissa said...

Ok so you may find it amusing to know that in all of your description I was not most disturbed at the vomit filled toilet, or the vomit on the floor, but at the fact that you used a public toilet for #2! While there have been moments when I have wished I could muster the courage, I haven't used a public restroom for such purposes in, well, probably a decade... but then I get stage fright just trying to pee.

TimB said...

When you have to go #2, you have to go NOW. It's not like you can wait another 15 minutes. Don't be embarrassed to use the women's if the men's is unfit for human habitation. The chicks love it when a man violates the sanctity of their potty.