Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yesterday I...

got a job. So it isn't that dream job... or even a close second, but it's perfect for now! I finally decided I needed to go do something mindless with tons of social interaction. Frankly I'm surrounded by little people and I want to interact with grown ups. Nevermind that I'll be interacting with probably more High Schoolers than I really prefer... I have rejoined the ranks of the food service workers. It's a perfect high school job, or for me in this case a perfect post divorce job. I just needed to make a little extra to fill in the gap between what my ex is supposed to pay in support and what he actually decides to pay. Eventually he won't have a choice in the matter but until then I needed a cushion. After that point I'll want to make at least a little of my own money so either way I think it's a good thing. So I'm starting as an expediter and cashier, but I'll be a server in short order I'm sure.
So the uniform is ugly and I'm sure I'll feel like a teenager because in all of my previous food service experience I was under 20! All silliness aside I'm actually pretty excited. I start on Tuesday.

2 comments:

.escamilla. said...

yay for you and a jizzy-job.
but where at?!?!?!

Wobbly Librarian said...

Congratulations! Blessings on you while you take on another responsibility. You'll rock!