Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Sophia's getting some brag time...


I've been playing mommy of one for the last 24 plus hours. You see, when her dad came to pick up the kids yesterday, she didn't want to go. This isn't the first time she has wanted to stay home, but this time her dad said that if she didn't want to go he wasn't going to take her.

I got to go shopping - well actually I went "looking" but I was out in a store - with only one kid. That is so weird! Well, to me at least! She has been my little snuggle bug too. Oh, and as if to make a point, she has been calling my dad "daddy" for the last day or so as well. Every once in a while she calls him grandpa but quickly corrects herself. She talked to her dad on the phone today and called him "dad." Then when we hung up she said "that was my Andrew dad." Let me say that I have not encouraged this stuff, I just listen when it happens, but I think it is extremely interesting! I really see her making an intentional statement that I don't think most 2 year olds are capable of.

I have had a lot of fun with her one on one. We played with her favorite Christmas gift today, her new train. She made train noises for probably an hour. At some point she got tired of my help and said "that's enough mommy, I'll do it now."

Oh, and she got a haircut. It's funny because with my first two girls I never wanted to cut their hair. Come to think of it I have a double standard about that because I still don't want their hair short, but with Sophia it's different. Anyway her hair was in a weird stage and looking very uneven so she got a bob. It's so stinkin' cute!






1 comment:

Wobbly Librarian said...

She's so cute. A lot of emotions running in these blogs.

Hey, pray for this worship pastor and his wife and yet to be born daughter... http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/

leave him a comment, too- he appreciates them:)