Monday, January 21, 2008

The reality check...

I've been passing for 18 for weeks now, and frankly getting quite a kick out of it! Apparently I needed a reality check because Saturday night I was on break at work. I was standing still. The bakery lady needed to get by me so I took a step forward...and something went terribly wrong! There was a jolt of pain in my knee, and I could no longer bear any weight on it. I'm officially old! So as if being injured while standing still isn't bad enough, a manager walks up to me a few minutes later and asks if I'll go wait on customers at the counter. Oh my gosh I cannot even describe my disappointment! I had to tell him that I couldn't because I quite literally could not walk. He was cool with it but I was beyond bummed! It was the break I'd been hoping for and I missed the opportunity! UGH! Instead I spent the next 4 hours rolling silverware at the counter while begging people to refill my supplies as they were depleted. I took it easy, and took a whole lot of motrin, yesterday and it seems better today. Here's hoping it holds up! I'm working expo tonight!

3 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Alright, you're good. Haven't figured it out yet. But bakery and expo and counter...these are things I can work with. Thank you.

Oh, and from one old person to another, try Aleve. it's pretty decent.

Wobbly Librarian said...

Fom an ancient (51 year old) person - Aleve is great.

lovemyguys said...

I might try Aleve, too. For some reason, for the last two weeks or so, I can't seem to take a step without my left hip snapping with every single step! It doesn't feel good AT ALL!!