Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Public Service Announcement - for my single friends...

I have come to a conclusion about online dating... even with that one site that claims to match you on all those levels of compatibility so you can find your "soul mate"... an astronomically high percentage of the people on those sites are there because they cannot get a date in the real world. If you happen to be one of the "normal" fools who are duped into joining because you think you could actually meet someone that way I'll tell you what your odds are from my humble perspective. You probably have a 1 in 1500 chance of meeting someone who isn't completely insane. Good luck! My recommendation... meet someone through friends, at least then if they turn out to be insane you can call your friend to task for hooking you up with a fool! I'm pretty sure Dr. You know who cares a lot less about you meeting the love of your life than he does about collecting your money every month!!! I did the online thing... I'm soooo done with the online thing... from now on I'll stick to meeting guys in real life! The days of having a coffee meeting with some freak who shows up, rose in hand, and falls in love with me before the end of date one are over for this single girl! I prefer you know what my favorite flower is before you bring me one on a date!

Now I will say that the experience hasn't been all bad. I have a friend or two that will probably be around for a while... out of 1500 plus matches... but seriously if I could walk in a room with 1500 guys all available to date I could have matched myself up with more than that on my own.

4 comments:

ellieherrity said...

amen, sister!
i couldn't have said it better myself.
i also find that i do just as good a job at meeting loosers on my own, but with much less expense.

and those 'dimensions of compatability' are such a load...

lovemyguys said...

Preach it!

I got matched up with one guy (now, height does not matter all that much to me) who was seriously a good 3 inches SHORTER than me!! I'm 4'11.

Elissa said...

Hey there lovemyguys... I just had to say that the "1 in 1500" I mentioned happens to be the one I could practically have just had you hook me up with directly :)

.escamilla. said...

i am WAY to pathetically sentimental and hopless romantic-like to even begin online dating. i have no desire to try...i'll take your post as confirmation! haha