Saturday, January 12, 2008

I'm not trying to be a complainer but...

OH MY GOSH MY FEET HURT!!! Seriously, I've spent half of the last decade barefoot and pregnant, and when I wasn't pregnant I was still probably barefoot! I never wear shoes unless I'm leaving the house, which, before this week, I did for a few hours here or there. I never left the house in shoes and actually stood/walked in them for oh 5-7 hours at a time. Except for the occasional Disney trip maybe, but at Disneyland you can sit at your own whim! My feet feel like they just turned 90... some parts of me feel a solid 31... and a few (the short list) feel about 18. I don't know if I'll get used to this or what but darn it's no fun! Aside from that I'm enjoying my job. I rolled approximately 7000 sets of silverware today. Invited about 1000 people to come back for breakfast. and asked probably 700 people how everything was. Oh, and I got a manager a couple of times when the answer to that question was something other than great. The managers love me, I'm saving their business... the servers are probably gonna start to hate me because when there is a complaint it usually comes down on them being inept. I figured out today that I am older than the next oldest Hostess by 7 years or so... but until I told the teenyboppers my real age they just thought I went to a different High School - ha, ha!

2 comments:

ellieherrity said...

that's awesome!!
i'm 31, and people guess i'm 23.
i wonder what it would take to bring it down to 18...?

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Last summer, I took my mom to a movie. They asked me for my student i.d. so I could get my discount. I was really full of myself for about 5 minutes and then I was like, wait a second, do I dress like a kid?

Thanks for your encouragement on the tat. I appreciate it.