Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Sometime it blows my mind...

How four little people could make such an enormous mess! I walked into the kitchen about an hour ago and found it littered with random messes. Juice spills, cheese wrappers, cereal, crackers, a half eaten apple and the containers from the yogurt drinks the kids had as a snack. What the heck is that about. In the course of one hour my kitchen can go from looking relatively normal (though obviously in need of a good mopping) to complete chaos. I lost my cool. I yelled at my kids...and then they cleaned it up...well mostly. At least now when I mop I'll be able to see the floor I'm aiming for!
But wait, it gets better...at some point in them cleaning up their messes I hear an argument brewing. Abby is mad because Isaiah got her "daddy shirt" dirty. (the three older kids each sleep with a shirt that belongs to their dad like it is a blankie) So I start listening to the drama and hear Abby say "he put pee on it" and I'm of course thinking what the hell?!?!? So I call him in and ask him how exactly he managed to pee on his sister's daddy shirt. He's nine so aim shouldn't still be a problem. Well, he starts in on this story about how Ella made him put pee in this plastic thing that is made to hold his games...and how he then spilled it on Abby's daddy shirt. Yep, that's the story I heard. Now I still can't figure out why he would have actually done what Ella supposedly told him to do or if maybe he was really just trying to shift the blame but either way it was disgusting. I had to tell my kids that they should never play with their pee, or their siblings pee. That it was not appropriate behavior. This may very well be the strangest conversation I will ever have with my kids. What is my life coming to???

3 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Received your note on my "ministry" dilemma. Thanks for that encouragement. However, I think I am more enthralled the last couple of days with your stories of pee and vomit. Sweet!

Christina Ellis said...

I can just imagine you standing there, completely grossed out, "Kids, never, ever play with your pee...or your siblings' pee. It's just gross and competely inappropriate."
I don't think I ever got that lecture, but now I know. ;]

lovemyguys said...

Oh, the conversations we have with the kiddos, huh? I got to have one with Robbie and his step-mom. ApparentlyRobbie told her that Grammy lets him go pee in her back yard! Between that and Cam pooping in our front yard, I feel like I live with animals! Boys are gross!