Sunday, December 2, 2007

My brain is buzzing

So I'm pretty sure nothing I write will flow well or make much sense...but I need to write so I'm doing it anyway. Oh, and no I haven't been drinking!!!
I got word that I passed my interview with the Riverside Police department on Monday. Then on Saturday I got a letter stating that I was no longer being considered for the position. Essentially it seems as if my lack of work experience put me behind the pack. The unfortunate bit is that there is nothing I can do to remedy that problem quickly. On the other hand I am totally trusting that God knows what is best for me and that must not have been it...or at least not now.
Another thing I wanted to write about is that I just read back over some of my posts and I realized I talk a lot about drinking. As I read those posts I realized I may sound like some kind of lush...when in reality I rarely drink at all. When I do I don't drink excessively. I think I've used it as sort of a way to be funny and it turns out I don't like the way it looks in print. I just thought I'd mention it because sometimes my candor can be a good thing but in this case my lack of filter has made me uncomfortable...
Also running through my brain is the activities of my day. I have been all over So. Cal. today. I visited a friend in Glendora, then came to my aunts house near the beach. We went out to lunch. Then we went shopping and got some Christmas stuff taken care of. It was fun! Now I'm tired.
So, was it as bad as I thought it would be?

2 comments:

Jonathan Murtaugh said...

Good that you clarified your drinking habits. I thought you were a total drunk and was praying for your soul.

Elissa said...

Nice...see I knew I was making myself look like a total drunk! Thanks for the validation...now you can pray for my soul because I'm an average run of the mill sinner not necessarily of the drunken kind.