Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Abby is a rock star! (Don't read if you are easily grossed out!!!)

Well at least in the stomach flu department! She got sick yesterday while she was with my parents. Then in the night last night she comes in and announces that she has thrown up in the bucket and in the toilet...then she says "I cleaned my mess up and I'm ok now" Can I just say I love this kid! How many four year olds will throw up on their own and then clean themselves up and go back to bed all without tears or a need for help. I need more sympathy than that when I get sick and I'm 31 years old. The best thing is that when I got up to check and be sure all was really as she said...it was! There was no mess for me to clean up - which is great because I've never been the one to handle vomit duty! I'm so glad that at least one of my kids can handle it this well. Maybe next time the big kids get sick I'll send Abby to help them out. From the way she handled her own issues I'm pretty sure she could deal with theirs better than I can!
Oh and Sue...go wash your hands now!

6 comments:

Wobbly Librarian said...

Remarkable!
My 15 year old son took care of my bb (barf bag) last night when I couldn't walk from couch to the bathroom...... held at arms length out to the trash.... Maybe abby will be there for you in the future..... (Though I hope you don't need her services :)

Christina Ellis said...

Next time I get sick I'm calling her!

Adam said...

I'm surprised you even typed the word vomit. That's a big step for you.

I know how the word vomit bugs you...also words like feces, phlegm, urine, puss, snot, boogers, scabs, oh yeah, scabs is a good one, and not the fully healed crusty kind, but that chewy soft, oozy kind...with a little gangrene...I could go on.

Elissa said...

Adam, I just vomited in a jar, I mixed it with the feces I collected from Sophia's last poopy diaper which I saved from last year when she used a diaper for the last time, then I mixed in a little of Ella's phlegm, some of Isaiah's urine, a little puss from my surgical wounds, and a few scabs Abby let me keep from when she fell off her bike. They were chewy, soft and oozy at the time but they had dried out...don't worry though they'll get gooey again from all the other stuff I just mixed them with! I'll leave the jar on your desk sometime this weekend...you just wait!

MamaSue said...

bleh.

lovemyguys said...

Urk, Urk. You people are just sick!