Friday, November 16, 2007

This is what I get to deal with

Tonight the kids were at a festival with their dad. They were supposed to be home at 8:30 p.m. So I went out. I ate great food, had a drink and one of my favorite desserts. Then I went to wander at a nearby furniture store. I'm sitting in a massage chair thinking about how I may never date again...instead I'm just going to come to the massage chair at a furniture store in all my kid free time when... at 7:57 p.m. I get a phone call...."we're here where are you?" So I said "I'm out, I thought you were bringing them back at 8:30 but I can be there in 15 minutes..." except that I don't know how much of that was even heard because he had hung up on me...nice huh?!

We rush home, and they are not here. So I call back and he says "well I figured you might as well take your time so we came to my place" I said "well we're home so you can bring them back now" but he had hung up again.

At 8:45 p.m. I hear a car so I head out to bring in the kids and three of the four are crying...hard. Sophia wants mommy. Abby wanted to stay at daddy's house because she had assumed since they went there at night it was a spend the night there kind of night...Then there was Isaiah. On Saturday he had spent his birthday money from great grandpa on a cd that he had been BEGGING me to buy for him. On Sunday he had taken it to daddy's house. He left it at daddy's house because he thought daddy might want to listen to it. Tonight he asked for it back. Well, daddy had thrown away the case - which Isaiah says he had put with the other cd cases but which daddy says was with a bunch of "trash." Needless to say Isaiah was distraught. The crazy bit is that daddy doesn't say - "hey dude sorry I accidentally threw away something that was really important to you, I'll replace it" he says "whatever - it was just a cd case."

So Isaiah learned the following lesson (in his own words)..."I can't trust an adult with my stuff, well at least I can't trust my dad with my stuff. I won't take anything over there ever again"

If there was any wonder why this fool makes me insane I hope reading about the experience of my day will remove any confusion! How did he make such fabulous children??? I think I must have some VERY dominant DNA! Yeah, that must be it!

Oh, and lest you think I have gone completely crazy...I didn't mean what I said about never dating again...but dang that massage chair was awesome!

No comments: