Wednesday, November 21, 2007

It's Thanksgiving today...

Well at least it is in my family. My brother the doctor has scheduling conflicts with holidays so we celebrate whenever is convenient and today is our day. For the first time in as long as I can remember we didn't have any extras for our Thanksgiving meal. We always invite whoever we can find that doesn't have somewhere else to go. I guess everyone we could find already had plans this year. That was kind of odd for me. Isaiah announced that this was the "best Thanksgiving ever!" at dinner and none of the kids really seemed to mind that daddy wasn't here. The grown ups on the other hand have all made comments about how much more relaxing it is without my "B.F.F." being here with us. If you don't know what B.F.F. stands for in my world well, it's my special title for the ex - he earned it when he told me he thought we could be best friends after we divorced - yeah right! I'm not going to post exactly what it stands for but if you really want to know ask me, I might tell you. Then there's the fact that we got a 23 lb turkey because we always have so many people and...well we probably would have had leftovers from a 12 lb turkey! Oh well the food was awesome, even if I only ate one or two bites of everything. Now I have a stomach ache and I was sleepy before we ate so the turkey aftermath is killing me! It's nap time!

No comments: