Thursday, November 8, 2007

It was good...maybe even great!!!

My interview went well...maybe even great! I had done enough research to have answers already prepared for virtually every question they asked. I was calm, confident and not nearly as nervous as I thought I would be. After the interview one of the guys on the interview panel walked me out. He asked if I had ever been interviewed by a panel before. I told him I had not and that in fact I had not had an interview of any sort in about 9 years. He asked if I had been nervous for this interview and I said that I had been a little bit but not too much. I said I felt that I had been as prepared as possible and just did my best. He said I should hear within two weeks if I had passed the interview. Then he said he was sure I would hear, that I had done very well. I know they can't tell you that you passed but I felt like he wouldn't have said I had done so well if he didn't think the news would be good. He also told me that if I didn't hear within two weeks to call HR because they send a pass/fail to HR and if HR drops the ball they can't do anything more with the applicant, so I should check in just to make sure that doesn't happen. I feel good about it. I'm looking forward to the process. Oh, and I found out that the background process can take 90 - 120 days. Translation...even if I passed the interview I might not be working for 4-5 months...ugh!

2 comments:

Adam said...

yay!

I'm sure the process won't really take that long...you will be hating your job in no time.

Elissa said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence...and no I won't be hating my job...I've never hated a job in my life - and this one I've wanted forever!