Sunday, November 18, 2007

about a boy...

Well that's not exactly an accurate statement, really he's a man, but anyway... I have this friend - not the guy from Disneyland just to be clear - who is an awesome support. He is fun to hang out with, super caring, and...the coolest thing...he prays with me. Whenever we talk and I tell him about anything that is even remotely weighing on me he stops, immediately, and prays. It is becoming something of a consistent thing. We have great conversations about life and the struggles we share as we muddle through co parenting after divorce. He is intelligent. He listens to me when I am dreaming out loud, and then offers his perspective and sometimes advice. I never feel like I am talking and not being heard. He confides in me too, about work, life, and his son among other things. When I offer my thoughts to him, he values my opinions. Then there is the fact that he refuses to let me pay when we are out together - even though we are always with other people and they pay for themselves. We have basically become a pair within the group that we are connected through. We aren't dating but I have to say that having a friend like him is reminding me that it will be worth waiting for a man like this. To be really honest there is a part of me that wonders if, when life settles a bit for both of us, I will find that what I am waiting for has been right here all along. In the meantime his friendship is a great encouragement to me, a reminder that what I hope for isn't too much to expect.

2 comments:

Leu Leu said...

He sounds like a great person. I wish I could be there to meet him. I'm sorry your greatest friend lives 3,000 miles away!:( I love you!

Wobbly Librarian said...

Yay for the right person to lift you up at the right time. ;)