Saturday, October 6, 2007

Welcome to the latest edition of single parenting sucks when...

You realize it's almost midnight and if you don't do a load of wash your kids will have to go to church in summer clothes because both of the jeans that fit them are dirty. Oh, and you have to go to the early service which means leaving the house at 8 a.m. But wait there's more...the car needs gas, not that you can actually afford to put any gas in the car but isn't that what credit cards are for?!?!? No, really? I must have been misinformed. Anyway, with three girls worth of hair to comb I will have to be up by 6:30 in the morning to get all of us looking decent...or I can sleep an extra half hour bringing my total sleep to about 6 hours and go to church looking like, well, a frazzled single mom. I think I'm going with option B... if you see me at church you'll know which I picked!
Can I tell you what else sucks...Abby came home from the DV today and told me that Amber pinched her...well, in Miss Amber's defense, Abby said it didn't really hurt but "she pinched me because I called her Miss Amber, and I'm supposed to just call her Amber." I'm thinking Miss Amber is lucky I haven't taught my kids to call her "home-wrecking whore" and settle happily for Miss Amber thank you very freaking much!
Yep, so that is the latest edition of single parenting sucks when...stay tuned for our next edition when we cover such topics as "why my daddy had to drop me off early so he could go watch Miss Amber work", and "why we drive an hour and a half to eat where Miss Amber works when we're really supposed to be visiting our daddy." If you're lucky we might even cover "how mommy taught our baby sister to say 'home-wrecking whore'"

1 comment:

lovemyguys said...

Poo! You should have asked for my number when I saw you today! Silly girl. I understand. You were sleep deprived. But you were looking HOT. I mean that in a totally non-gross way, too!