Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I got in a fight...

Well kind of. I wasn't really fighting but I stepped up to defend a friend last night and apparently I stepped on some toes. So here's the short version. A woman tells a guy that I know that he should have taken his son back home early from his weekend visit because his son was sick. She says he obviously couldn't care for the child like the mother would. My response must have been a somewhat forceful "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!" because I guess she got offended. In spite of what I deal with in terms of coparenting issues I still believe a dad has just as much right/responsibility and frankly even ability to care for their children as the mom does. I guess equality isn't such a high selling point in this woman's version of reality....to me it's kind of like asking if a dad is "babysitting" his own kids. Which is, to me anyway, an obviously stupid question. No the dad isn't babysitting, he's parenting...how is this such a hard concept?

Random side note...my youngest child, who always seems to have a song emanating from within, is climbing on the couch singing "hallelujah"...it really doesn't get any cuter than that!

2 comments:

jess mac said...

I hate that when they say Is Adam Babysitting? or Does Adam have the Kids for you?. NO. They are his kids too!!! You go girl.

lovemyguys said...

People are so freaking dumb. Seriously.