Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Because Sunday was too far away...

I went on a date last night...yep. He asked me to meet him for dinner and I figured - rules, what rules?!?! You know the ones that say you shouldn't accept an invitation for a date on less than 3 days notice or something like that...I think I accepted on about 3 hours notice but whatever. We went to dinner wandered a bookstore...and stuff. It was fun, and strange. As if it were even possible I think I'm looking forward to Sunday even more now. It is awkward and a bit unnerving to let my guard down even a little bit with a guy. I spent so long totally shut off to the idea that being with a guy in a romantic way seems odd. It's a fun odd, don't get me wrong but I felt like I was breaking rules and I wasn't even getting into trouble!

2 comments:

lovemyguys said...

be careful.....

Sorry if this made you mad. It would have pissed me off. I just don't want you to get hurt again. Eager hearts break easily. A wise friend told me that the first time it happens will hurt worse than the divorce. She was right.

Elissa said...

No worries! I hear a country song coming on...you know the one that says I'm not talkin' bout forever...yeah, that's kind of where I am. I'm really having a good time but keeping my heart guarded. Not sure how good I'll be at it in the long term but for now...thanks for the love girl!