Thursday, September 13, 2007

today I was NOT a snail...

or a turtle, or any of those other notoriously slow animals...oh, and I have opposing thumbs too. My point is, drum roll please, I passed the typing test! Now it wasn't the 55 wpm that I did for the sheriff's department but it was a respectable 49 wpm. So I went on to the Criticall portion of the test. Can I mention that the City of Riverside testing functions like my high school standardized testing...scantron and all. With the county the test was all computerized. This test was so antiquated I felt like I was in some sort of time warp. An old, bored (but sweet) retired guy telling really bad jokes and stopping us for little "breaks" to tell us how there was of course Murphy's law but had we heard of Riley's law??? Have you? Well apparently Riley's law says that Murphy's law is optimistic...ba-du-dum...or dumb, whatever. We were stuck with Mr. Wealth of wisdom and a cd to proctor our test. Oh, and don't forget that fancy scantron! In any event I finished the test and find that there is one more way that the city runs behind the county. We don't get our results the same day as the test. It seems we will get them in 2-3 weeks. Thanks guys, I needed more patience.