Monday, September 17, 2007

I went

To the divorce recovery group tonight. I'm not really sure what to think. The guy who led it had really bad hair, spoke unnaturally slow and wore his...uhm...member prominently down his left leg. Can someone help me out here? Why didn't he look in a mirror and realize how utterly disturbing that might be to people! I felt like I was in the twilight zone. Then there's the fact that I was by far the youngest person in the room. There were a few women my mom's age, a couple a little younger than that, two men, the leader and me. One person had been divorced 5 years...and is in divorce recovery. If I'm not fully recovered in 5 years will someone who loves me please set me straight!!! When it came right down to the meat and potatoes it seems that we will be learning what we did to cause our marriages to fail and how we can prevent making the same mistakes again...I figured that stuff out three weeks into this whole mess are you kidding me?!?!? Actually I think I figured a lot of it out while I was still in the mess, I mean marriage, but whatever. I don't think I can handle going to divorce recovery! I might give it one more week, but I swear if I can see which side the leader is wearing "it" on I'm leaving!!!

3 comments:

Robbie said...

nothing is wasted if it leads to a good blog subject. (signed as Robbie, but really it's Sue)

lovemyguys said...

I hear ya, sister! It wasn't for me, either. Of course, neither was the singles group. Wow. Maybe it IS me.

jess mac said...

My mom goes. You guys could giggle together. She needs giggles. She does have white hair, but she is still cool :)