Tuesday, September 4, 2007

I must say...

This homeschool thing rocks!

First of all I was up sick last night so I've never been happier to not have to wake up early in the morning. I rolled out of bed at about 9 a.m. I got some food and the kids ate cereal. Then a little after 10 I broke out the curriculum. I had already gotten their work set up in folders for each day of the week. I gave Abby some pre-k stuff to do and gave Sophia a coloring page to keep her occupied. I got Isaiah started and sat down with Ella to get to work. Ella was done by 11:20 a.m. and Isaiah was about halfway done. I figure we'll take a break for lunch then the girls will go down for a nap. Then Isaiah can finish his work in silence!!! Honestly though in kindergarten Ella had about 20-30 minutes of homework a night so in 40 extra minutes or so I can give her a whole day of first grade...pretty awesome! Isaiah had about an hour of homework a night for third grade and he'll have his whole fourth grade day done in about 2 1/2 hours at home.

I'm so glad I don't have to get them to school by 7:15 a.m. anymore!

No comments: